Student Design Competition
PAVE 2013 Student Design Competition
REAL-WORLD DESIGN CHALLENGES FOR STUDENTS!
This annual competition, now in its 19th year, is geared toward college-level students involved in retail design and planning, visual merchandising, interior design, and branding programs.
The competition's design challenges consist of a visual merchandising category and a store design category, providing an excellent opportunity for students to obtain real-life retail design experience. Prizes include grants to students and schools, and winning students may even see their designs come to life in a Sephora environment.
This competition is open to undergraduate students only. There is no cost to enter.
Two design challenges are available for students:
2013 Visual Merchandising Category Challenge
2013 Store Design Challenge
In the Store Design Challenge, students are encouraged to design space
within the square footage footprint articulated in the brief, using a
blend of wall fixturing to anchor the space along with freestanding
fixturing composed as the students see fit based on their design
See examples of current Sephora stores here: Sephora Stores Overview.pptx
Before entering, please read our Frequently Asked Questions
See the Judging Criteria for the Visual Merchandising Category
and the Store Design Category
GENERAL INFORMATION AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- This competition is open to undergraduate college students only.
- Students may only enter ONE category, either the visual merchandising category or the store design category.
- The student's name and school name is not to be visible anywhere on the presentation pages or cover.
- Complete and submit an online copy of the entry form as well as print a copy of the entry form found here, along with the disclaimer, found here.
- Each entry must include copy of the entry form and disclaimer clipped to the back of the entry. Please do not put them in an envelope. Simply attach both documents to the back of the entry with a staple or paperclip.
- Students must also submit a copy of their entry on a CD or DVD in a PDF format with the entry. Please make sure to label the CD or DVD.
- Students are advised to keep a copy of their entries, as entries will not be returned.
Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. Pacific time on Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2013.
PAVE Entries Attn: Paul Loux & Hillary Washington
525 Market Street, 32nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
Please do not contact Sephora with any questions or concerns. This address is for entries only.
Complete the 2013 Entry form here
Download the Disclaimer here
Files are zipped folders containing several file types.
Download Sephora Logo
(jpg, eps, and ai)
Download Black and White Bars
Download Flame Logo
Sephora's red: PMS 186 C (C-0, M-100, Y-81, K-4)
to see past Student Design Competition Winning designs.
Contact PAVE at firstname.lastname@example.org