2015 Student Design Competition
PAVE 2015 Student Design Competition
REAL-WORLD DESIGN CHALLENGES FOR STUDENTS!
This annual competition, now in its 21st year, is geared toward college-level students involved in retail design and planning, visual merchandising, interior design, and branding programs.
The competition’s design challenges consist of a visual merchandising category and a store design category, providing an excellent opportunity for students to obtain real-life retail design experience. Prizes include grants to students and schools and winning students may even see their designs come to life.
This competition is open to undergraduate students only. There is no cost to enter.
Two design challenges are available for students to participate in:
2015 Store Design Challenge
2015 Visual Merchandising Category Challenge
To guide both the student and the judges, the
following criteria establish a weighted scoring matrix based on an evaluation
of broad categories implicit in the design submission.
2015 Judging Criteria & Project Evaluation: Store Design Category (Download PDF)
2015 Judging Criteria & Project Evaluation: Visual Merchandising Category (Download PDF)
Kroger Marketplace Floor Plan
Download a PDF of the Kroger Marketplace floor plan.
CAD files are not available for this project; students should refer to the PDF above for the exact area to work on.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- This competition is open to undergraduate college students only.
- Students may only enter ONE category; either the visual merchandising category or the store design category.
- The student’s name and school name is not to be visible anywhere on the presentation pages or cover.
- Complete and submit an online copy of the entry form as well as print a copy of the entry form found HERE, along with the disclaimer, found HERE.
- Each entry must include copy of the entry form and disclaimer clipped to the back of the entry. Please do not put them in an envelope. Simply attach both documents to the back of the entry with a staple or paperclip.
- Students must also submit a copy of their entry on a CD or DVD in a PDF format with the entry. Please make sure to label the CD, or DVD.
- Students are advised to keep a copy of their entries, as entries will not be returned.
Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Monday, Oct. 26, 2015.
The Kroger Co.
PAVE Entries Attn: Ken Pray
1014 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Download the DISCLAIMER HERE.
Please do not contact Kroger with any questions or concerns. This address is for entries only. For all questions regarding the competition contact PAVE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENTRY FORM can be found HERE.
PAST WINNERS AND WINNING PROJECTS
to see past Student Design Competition Winning designs.