Eric Feigenbaum Scholarship
Eric Feigenbaum Scholarship
The Eric Feigenbaum Academic Scholarship funded by B+N Industries
The PAVE Scholarship Program, now entering it's seventh year, provides financial assistance to students in educational programs preparing them for careers in the retail environments industry, including, but not limited to careers in retail design and planning, and visual merchandising industries. PAVE was developed to help ensure a future talent pool for the industry by eliminating barriers to studying in these fields. The funds assist students who are experiencing financial difficulties that may prevent them from continuing school. PAVE has awarded over $100,000 in financial grants over the past six years to students.
The Eric Feigenbaum Scholarship recognizes and supports leadership potential in the field through a $5,000 award.
1. Student must be enrolled in a program working towards a degree in the retail environments industry (e.g. visual merchandising, store design, interior design, industrial design, and other programs for careers in the retail environments industry).
2. Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better.
3. Student must be a full-time student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours.
4. Candidates must be endorsed by their academic program with a limit of three (3) candidates from any single program. Distinct programs within a single institution may each submit three candidates.
5. EFC (Expected Family Contribution) of $8,000 or less per year as shown on your 2014-2015 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Printed copy of your FAFSA results can be downloaded from: www.fafsa.ed.gov
How to Apply
All requests must be received by February 20, 2015.
The following items must be attached to your application form for your request to be considered:
1. Letter of Explanation: (Max. 650 words)
• Identify what you feel are the most important issues facing the visual merchandising and store design industry today and discuss.
• How your career will positively impact the industry's future. Incorporate in your essay those character traits you possess that will propel your academic and future career success.
• Detail any challenges that you encountered in your educational career.
(Essays should address all of the above topics for consideration by the PAVE Scholarship Committee.)
2. Project Folio of 6 pages maximum: (8.5 x 11 inch)
• Describe a retail related project (student based or professional) that you've worked on and that you are proud of (include supporting visuals).
3. Two letters of recommendation: One letter must come from a professor or faculty member; the other letter can come from an employer, including internship supervisors. Letters may not be from friends or family members, and must be on school/company letterhead.
4. Must include a copy of your transcript.
Download the application form
How to Submit Application
Submit completed application via mail, fax or e-mail. Completed applications must be received by February 20, 2015.
4651 Sheridan St., Suite 470
Hollywood, FL 33021
Contact Dash Nagel at email@example.com or 954-893-7225.